The new Chromedeck makes me want to stab my monitor.
Here is a short list of my complaints:
Less important, but annoying,
- It makes my eyes bleed.
- The names are too bold and too prominent.
- The blue is too blue.
- Hashtags and handles are confusing because they’re the same color.
- It takes more clicks to do everything.
- Example: See what tweet was in reply to
- Example: Report someone for spam
- Example: Go back from anywhere now requires actually clicking ‘Back to xyz’
- The modal boxes are so fail! Why did they kill a good thing with the flyouts?
- Example: if my screen resolution isn’t basically full size on a 13″ monitor, I can’t get to the “x” to close the damn thing on a profile page (see picture above). It won’t let me scroll the modal box vertically to get out of it. Until I realized it was because it couldn’t handle my smaller screen resolution, I was closing the app every time. Call me stupid. But users are stupid. Chromedeck is fail.
- Example: In general I can’t “click out” of a modal box. I always have to find the close button. Idiotic.
- I can’t scroll left to right between columns. I have to click that stupid pagination thing.
- Because columns won’t scroll horizontally, I can’t use the space made available on my screen at in-between column widths.
There are likely more things, but this is a short list of what I constantly notice with the new app.
Did anyone review this product before launch, or is Twitter drying to drive me to yet-another-third-party?