We just got a Kindle Fire at work for testing purposes. We quickly noticed it doesn’t render Google fonts.
I went to the actual Google webfonts page to see what happens there:
I’ve tried to find evidence of others with this issue, and this is the only thing I can find on an Amazon forum where there is no answer that gives any evidence Google fonts do work on a Fire. I’d love to know how people are getting this to work.
For reference, I did confirm that the Kindle Fire handled @font-face where I was serving the font myself. So maybe it’s a third party thing. I haven’t yet tested other third party font delivery services like Typekit.
Update: Ryan Sullivan has shared a picture with me that seems Typekit doesn’t work on the Fire either.
Also, I discovered that the Kindle Fire requires some asinine software install process to be able to take a screenshot. So I took this picture of a Kindle screen from an iPhone.
Quality device, it seems.